Need ERP Finance? – Ron Lentner
Years DP Experience: 42
Years at SUNGARD: 35
Last Sungard Position: Sr. Principal Consultant, Solutions Development
BA, Business, Rutgers University
MBA, Accounting, George Washington University
INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL CONSULTANT
Retired from Sungard in Aug.2007. Providing consulting support to Higher Ed since Oct.2007. Current & recent clients include UCONN Health Center, Western Washington Univ., Louisiana Community & Technical College System (17 schools), Brandman Univ., Temple Univ., Rider University , Emerson College and UAE University.
SUNGARD HIGHER EDUCATION
- As Senior Product Manager, Financial Systems, was responsible for planning the future direction of the product line, as well as determining new products and markets. Coordinated activities of the Client User Group. Developed marketing materials and ad campaigns. Developed marketing strategies for all national conferences. Served as key interface with NACUBO and GFOA Associations.
- As Sr. Principal Consultant, Financial Systems, specializes in the integration of finance business processes and finance software maximizing the flexibility of the Banner2000 Series and related software, in the enhancement of financial operations of higher education institutions. Interfaces with client senior administration, as well as with consultants-in-residence, programming, and technical staff. Also provides key input into the strategic planning process.
- As Team Leader for Finance, was responsible for product and consulting skills training for new staff. Also responsible for on going mentoring and training of staff on new releases and new modules. Participates in high level consulting on strategic accounts. Also assists Development in defining product enhancements.
- As Sr. Principal Finance Consultant in Development Solutions, was responsible for functional enhancements to the Banner Finance Product. In this capacity works with other finance consultants and the technical development team in designing, testing and delivery of enhancements to the product.
- Senior Director, Software Development, was responsible for the design and development of the Banner2000 Finance software product line.
- Director of Client Services, responsible for installation and training of the Finance System products. Managed the implementation teams installing software for our client base. Managed the development of the SYMMETRY Series product line.
- Principal Consultant responsible for specific client engagements. Provided consulting and training support to clients.
Other Positions held:
- Department of Agriculture, Consumer and Marketing Services
- Responsible for the accounting operations for this $150 million agency.
- Booz Allen & Hamilton, Management Consultants
- Designed and developed custom financial applications for a number of government clients.
HIGHER EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
|Wellesley College||Lead Finance Consultant|
|University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Roosevelt University||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Villanova University||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Cuyahoga Community College||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Wilkes University||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Wheaton College||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Bates College||Lead Finance Consultant|
|Methodologies:||Structured Analysis and Design, CASE Tools|