Need a Higher-Ed ERP Architect? – Shawna Boldman
Results-oriented Business Analyst experienced in all aspects of student information systems implementation life-cycle with a history of delivering high-visibility, high-impact projects on time and within budget. Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver major project initiatives. Exceptional leadership, analytical, communication, and team-building skills. Proven ability to adapt to changes in information technology and higher education. Extensive international experience.
Systems Implementation/Business Analysis[list icon=”star”]
- Nearly thirty years experience working in the higher education industry
- Over twenty-five years experience with integrated ERP systems implementations including Ellucian’s Banner Student and Accounts Receivable, and Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Over five years as lead business analyst on software development and quality assurance team
- Experienced with full student lifecycle, from prospect to graduate
- Experience managing process/project teams
- Functional expert in business process analysis and re-engineering
- Record of turning at-risk customer accounts into top reference clients
- Business Process Engineering
- Business Development/Account Management
- Strategy Planning/Project Planning
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Executive-level Presentations/Communication
- Negotiating and conflict resolution
- Change Management
- Relationship Cultivation
SELF-EMPLOYED February 2011 – Present Higher Education/IT Consultant
Provide project leadership and business process analysis services to higher education institutions, including planning, prioritizing and implementing new technologies in order to improve services to students, faculty, staff and community. Work closely with administrators, academic leaders, business unit managers and subject matter experts to identify requirements, develop functional specifications and create communication plans.
- Served as project coordinator for a complex student system implementation at a large, state university, working closely with project manager and software vendor to develop, organize and meet deliverables. Responsibilities included coordinating data conversion and migration efforts, assigning tasks to project team members, monitoring activities and tracking issues. Created business process master list, performed analysis of current business processes and created process flow diagrams in BPMN 2.0. Made recommendations for new, more efficient, more effective processes and procedures.
- Performed fit/gap analyses of current grading process and auxiliary systems interfaces in preparation for the implementation of the Banner Student system for a private law school.
- Defined business requirements and made recommendations to project manager and enterprise architect on implementation plan, team structure and release management for a global, for-profit system of institutions.
- Led the effort to build the interfaces between Banner Student and all third-party systems for a large, multi-campus, state university system. Performed business process analysis, developed functional specifications and created data maps.
ELLUCIAN ( SunGard Higher Education), MALVERN, PA September 2005 – January 2011
Sr. Business Analyst, Product Engineering
Developed system requirements for higher education institutions and translated them into functional specifications; led client focus groups to elicit and review requirements; defined, designed, tested and documented Banner Student, Banner Accounts Receivable, and Enrollment Management software solutions using Agile methodology to assure quality of the final product and help provide support to systems in client production; served as scrum master for software development team consisting of 8 to 12 analysts and developers; as part of the quality assurance team, used analytical skills and technical tools to identify and resolve software defects, working closely with programmers; used web-based decision support platform for requirements management to track requirements and manage project; provided training to other employees on the implementation of the new and enhanced processes; used Confluence wiki for collaboration and knowledge management.
SELF-EMPLOYED Higher Education/IT Consultant February 2004 – September 2005
Piloted team at one of Ireland’s largest, third-level institutions in defining project scope for Banner Student and Faculty & Advisor Self-Service implementations and presenting recommendations to key stakeholders and project sponsors; developed strategy for disseminating knowledge into the faculty community; developed training materials and conducted training sessions for faculty members and administrators.
ELLUCIAN (SunGard SCT), MALVERN, PA June 2001 – January 2004
Principal Consultant, SCT Limited, Manchester, England
Managed and enhanced the relationship between SCT and its strategic, higher education clients; performed business process analysis and process re-engineering for the functional offices responsible for processing student information; performed postimplementation assessments and made recommendations on strategic plans to stabilize client’s use of the SCT BANNER Student system to improve processing throughout the institution, and add-on services and products to support that effort; built clients’ confidence in SCT and the SCT Banner Student system. Responded to requests for proposals and requests for information from prospective clients and performed product demonstrations during sales cycle.
Principal Consultant, SunGard SCT, Malvern, PA
Provided training and consulting services to higher education administrators and staff; supported the software development team by assisting with functional specifications, conversion mapping and product testing; supported sales team by demonstrating product to potential clients and responding to requests for proposals.
SELF-EMPLOYED May 2000 – May 2001 IT/Higher Education Consultant
Provided post-implementation support to Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. for their PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (nee Student Administration) project. Responsibilities included project planning, conducting re-fit analysis, performing business process re-engineering, documenting procedures and planning/conducting training sessions, developing and implementing a change control process and issues tracking system, identifying data integrity issues and recommending solutions.
KPMG CONSULTING LLC, WASHINGTON, D.C.
Senior Consultant August 1998 -May 2000
Responsible for managing the implementation of PeopleSoft Student Administration at higher education institutions; led teams of consultants in training, prototyping and testing phases of implementation; conducted conference room pilots and obtained users’ acceptance; performed business process reengineering to improve services to students; conducted fit/gap analyses to determine the need for system customizations; documented system configuration and business processes; assisted clients in software selection process; maintained a minimum accountancy income; developed client relationships.
PEOPLESOFT USA, BETHESDA, MD
Account Manager October 1996 -July 1998
Served as primary point of contact for clients, including the most strategic, Student Administration beta customers; coordinated response to clients’ need for information, training and support; aided the customer in meeting strategic objectives, such as on time and on budget implementations; helped to evolve critical milestones, evaluated alternatives and provided open and honest input to the success of the project; monitored project deliverables; represented PeopleSoft’s interest while balancing the needs of the customer; maintained relationships with independent third parties and PeopleSoft representatives in an effort to find creative solutions to today’s business challenges.
ELLUCIAN (nee SCT Corporation), MALVERN, PA August 1989 -October 1996
Senior Advisory Consultant
Led full-cycle implementations of Banner Student and Accounts Receivable systems for a variety of institutions, public and private, large and small, with non-degree, undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs; provided support to the sales team by responding to RFP’s and performing product demonstrations. Consultant in Residence, SCT at the George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Coordinated and led the implementation of the SCT Banner Student and Accounts Receivable Systems; acted as liaison between end-users and central computing group; provided training and consulting services to the University community, working primarily with University executives and the Admissions, Registrars and Student Accounts offices’ administrators; documented procedures; translated functional requirements into technical recommendations; and prepared and executed test plans.
The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Science, Zoology major and Chemistry minor, 1986.
Skilled in: MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Windows, MacOS, Enterprise Architect, Intalio, Banner Student, Banner Accounts Receivable, and Banner General Systems, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Siebel, Telelogic Focal Point, MKS Integrity, JIRA, Confluence, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and BPMN 2.0.
Familiar with: XML, web services technology, SaaS, PeopleTools™, Luminis Web Portal.
Led system implementations in the United Kingdom, Mexico, France and the Republic of Ireland.
Available Upon Request